It's a Monday... AGAIN!? I feel like we just barely had Monday, but here it is again! YIKES!!! Usually on Mondays I'm psyched about getting the house back in order, but today I've left it in disorder. The time is drawing near to think of what to fix for dinner, but I'm doing my best to ignore that fact. I think frozen fish sticks will have to do, unless something amazing just happens to show up in my freezer.
I was advised by a toothpick-thin mother of ten that the way to stay on top of your figure when having kids is to get back to pre-pregnancy weight by the time the baby is 6 months old. Her theory was that if you don't get it off by 6 months, it may never come off. So, now that Claire is almost 7 weeks old, I've decided I'm going to start working out. The funny thing is that a week or so ago I gave up my gym membership (haven't really used it in a year or so anyways) for something else I really wanted. So, I'm now an honorary member of the "Clark Family Gym" which has excellent perks like the free childcare by my mom while I'm exercising and the no-cost membership fees. Today was my first morning trying it out. Bless my mom's heart, too, because I almost didn't make it because of running behind with getting the kids ready and fed, so she fed us all breakfast! And after exercising, she watched my kids so I could shower. Thanks mom!
It felt really good to exercise again. I thought my endurance would be shot and I'd be starting at ground zero, but I realized that chasing a toddler and giving birth to Claire have had their perks: I'm not in as bad of shape as I've thought I am. THANK GOODNESS!!! So, we'll see how this work-out system will "work out."
After our trip to the "gym," Tate had a playdate at our house with a little girl in our ward named Brooklyn who is a few weeks younger than Tate. It was really interesting to see Tate interact with someone so close to his age. They were almost too similar to get along very well. It was still a good experience for him, though. I keep scheduling playdates to help Tate learn to play better with kids. He's mostly around adults. Brooklyn is the cutest little girl! It made me really excited for all the girly stuff Claire might do. Brooklyn, for instance, can't leave the house without her purse! Adorable, eh?
Now, as usual when I write, both kids are sleeping. I should probably use this time to clean up my messy house, but that doesn't sound very appealing. If any of you actually read this, I'm sure you're getting more and more disinterested with every new post I write. The best part of all of this monotony that I write about is that I love my life! I love the monotony! It's interesting to me and I'm enjoying myself, so don't feel sorry that my life seems so dull: it isn't to me. :)
It's just another Manic Monday... that's all!
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
interesting blog
I love reading your blog, it's great. It is nice to know that someone is having a good time just being a mom! You know what I mean, a lot of women are fine being moms and love the calling, but it is nice to know first hand that someone loves it! I love reading your blog because it is nice to know what is going on in Utah too..
Well keep writing because as long as you do, I will read it! lol
Post a Comment